ITHACA COMMUNITY GARDENS GARDENER AGREEMENT
View this document as an easy-to-print PDF or as shown below:
As a Community Gardener, I agree to the following:
- I will not hold Project Growing Hope, Inc. or the City of Ithaca liable for any injury that may occur to me or to anyone I invite to the Community Gardens site.
- My membership and plot use period begins with plot assignment or renewal each year, and ends (unless renewed) at the following year’s spring renewal. I will spend at least 4 hours this season working for the Gardens at workdays or as otherwise arranged, or pay a no-work fee of $15 per hour not worked, by December 1 (gardeners with special circumstances can apply to the board for a work waiver).
- I will maintain the paths around my plot at all times, and tend my plot on a regular basis to keep it neat and free of weeds and other debris. If I neglect or abandon my plot (soil not turned by May 31st, or plot overgrown with tall weeds), it may be mowed or reassigned to another gardener on the waiting list.
- Tools belonging to the Gardens are marked “Community Gardens” or “PGH” and they’re all we’ve got. I will never remove them from the Gardens site. After using them, I will clean and return them to the proper tool shed and lock the shed.
- I will follow the water conservation guidelines provided at registration & orientation.
- I will keep the path next to my plot cut short or mulched if I place stakes, fencing, or trellises less than 6 inches from perimeter of my plot, which can interfere with mowing.
- I will clean my plot at the end of the season (dead plant matter into compost bin, remove all trash) and also remove my own stakes, etc. (please leave corner boundary stakes!), if I will not be returning next season.
- I will not use chemical, non-organic herbicides, pesticides, and fertilizers, or plastic mulch.
- I will comply with these and other established Community Gardens rules and policies, including those listed in the Gardens Rules and Policies. I understand that failure to comply may result in the loss of my gardening plot.
. . Signature of member-gardener . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Print full name . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Date
. . Signature of non-member gardening partner (if sharing plot) . . . Print full name . . . . . . . Date